August 4, 2021
Greetings Marvelous Mustangs!
It is with great honor and excitement that I welcome you back to the 2021-2022 school year!
At Hemmerling, we are committed to ensure the academic, social, and emotional success of all of our students and share our district’s commitment to collaborate and develop responsible, respectful, and prepared students to achieve their full potential. While our recent years in education have not been easy due to the pandemic, I am humbled by the unwavering commitment of our dedicated staff, community, parents, and students. As your proud principal, I value our continued partnership to ensure that our Marvelous Mustangs continue to receive the highest quality education they deserve.
Our school remains committed to a research-based and well-rounded educational approach that includes AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination), PBIS (Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports), SEL (Social and Emotional Learning), iReady, as well as our core curriculum and others. We look forward to a marvelous and collaborative school year, as we continue to navigate through the tiered layers of academic, social, and emotional interventions to better support all students.
Please note that we will reopen school traditionally, in-person as our default program. However, there is a distance-learning option, LETS LEARN, through independent study, for students whose health would be put at risk by in-person instruction.
LETS LEARN distance learning enrollment link
RETURNING STUDENTS ANNUAL ENROLLMENT FORMS Must be completed no later than August 10, 2021
Please note the following important information and dates:
Thursday, August 12, 2021--1st day of school (in-person or through the LETS LEARN distance learning option)
School begins at 9:00 AM, gates open and breakfast will be served at 8:15 AM
August 9, 2021--Your child’s teacher assignment will be posted in the Aeries Parent Portal
Please make sure all of your contact information is updated.
August 25, 2021--Back to School Night, 6:00-7:00 PM, MPR
**Wednesdays are minimum days, dismissal is at 1:45 PM
Health and Safety Protocols:
We are helping to keep our school safe and healthy through the following proactive practices:
- Wearing of face coverings (masks) indoors; outdoor masks-wearing (optional)
- COVID-19 safety protocols in place
- Maintaining good hygiene practices (handwashing regularly, hand sanitizer stations, touchless soap dispensers, automatic paper towel dispensers, air filtration systems throughout, and water bottle filling stations).
- Physical distancing is recommended in some areas but not required
- Limiting shared tools and playground equipment to the best of our ability
- Limiting non-essential visitors to campus
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting of classrooms, restrooms, and shared spaces
- Encouraging staff and students to stay home if not feeling well
- Isolating and sending home students who are ill
Hemmerling Bell Schedule
Boys and Girls Club
The main office is open Monday - Friday from 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Face Covering Required
Phone Number: 951-922-0254
Fax: 951- 922- 0294
Executive Secretary: Monica O’Brien
Attendance Clerk: Linette Osorio
I look forward to seeing you all again very soon!