Meet the Counselors
Miss J, School Counselor
Hi Marvelous Mustangs! Welcome Back!
I'm so excited to welcome you back to school for our 2022-2023 school year. I have missed you so much and hope you and your family are doing well.
If you're new to our school, welcome to Hemmerling! The wonderful Home of the Mustangs. We are so glad to have you apart of our school family and are looking forward to meeting you. My name is Miss J and I am privileged to begin my 5th year as your School Counselor and Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) Tier II/III Coordinator.
There is nothing I love more than building relationships with students and families that inspire and equip Hemmerling students to succeed at Hemmerling and beyond! I am here to assist you in any way I can, every step of the way.
My job as the school counselor is counsel, advocate for, educate, and equip ALL students with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed socially, emotionally, academically, and in their future careers. To do this, I:
- Teach important social, emotional, or academic skills through classroom lessons
- Provide short-term (4-8 weeks) individual or group counseling for students with social, emotional, or behavioral problems that are interfering with school performance.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and administration to help students succeed
- Attend parent conferences, SST’s, 504’s, or IEP’s upon request
- Lead and coordinate Hemmerling’s Tier II/III PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports) team
- Connect students and their families to outside resources
- Encourage positive school climate through school-wide initiatives such as PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports), cohosting Hemmerling’s “Mustang Minute” YouTube series, and assisting with the planning and implementation of school-wide events.
*Note on Counseling: For students needing extra help for them to be successful at school, I provide short term (4-6 weeks) individual or group counseling sessions focused on building important academic, social, or emotional skills. Examples of things I can help with are:
- Making and Keeping Friends
- Anger or Worry
- Family Changes
- Organization and Study Skills
- and Self-control
Please let me know how I can help and support you. We are in this together!
Ms Pamela, Mental Health Therapist
Welcome back, Hemmerling students!
My name is Ms Pamela and I am your new mental health therapist. I also help students at Central Elementary School, Hoffer Elementary School, and Cabazon Elementary School. I'm so excited to be part of the Mustang community for our 2022-2023 school year!
My role in our school, as part of the Tier III system, is to support students who can benefit from specific types of counseling support.
Types of services I provide are:
- Longer-term Individual Counseling
- Specific Types of Group Counseling
- Crisis Counseling/Risk Assessments
Since I provide a specialized service, most of the students I see for counseling must be referred to me through Hemmerling's Tier II/III team that I'm a part of.
Can't wait to see you!