Counseling » Counseling Request

Counseling Request

Who Can Request School Counseling?

Teachers, Staff, Parents, and/or students may request school counseling services for issues impacting the student's academics, attendance, or relationships at school. Other concerns such as chronic tardiness or absences, test scores, low student grades, low-level referrals, office discipline referrals, and in school or off campus suspensions may also lead to a school counseling request.

Is School Counseling the Same as Therapy or Outside Counseling?

No! School counselors provide strategies and skills for students to use for academic, personal, or social issues affecting their academics or relationships at school. It is short-term (4-8 weeks) and does not diagnose or treat mental health disorders. If you need more in-depth counseling, I am happy to refer you directly to our community partners.

Do You Treat Mental Health Disorders or Issues at Home? How Long Will My Student Receive Services?

School Counseling is a short-term (4-8 week), goal-oriented service that focuses on building specific skills the student needs to improve in academics, attendance, and/or personal/social issues at school. School counselors do not diagnose or treat mental health disorders. For non school-related concerns such as family/home issues, contact Miss J for a referral to Oasis Community Services or visit the "Resources" tab.

How Do I Request School Counseling?

Fill out the confidential form below. 

School Counseling Request (Parent)